Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One to Rock, One to Stock



Any sneakerhead knows the obsession of keeping their kicks fresh n clean. If you have a particular pair you love, you will go to great lengths to guard them from the elements. Unfortunately it seems no matter how hard you try to avoid trouble, shit happens, and you might just step in it. Or there's always some jackass that accidentally steps on your foot, or worse yet, stomps on it on purpose because he thinks it's funny. That's where "One to Rock & One to Stock" comes in. The extra pair is your security blanket. Knowing you have a fresh protected pristine pair waiting at home allows you to wear them without worry. But feel free to punch the hater in the face.

On the flip side, after personally practicing "One to Rock, One to Stock" I realized having so many favorites in the rotation lessens wear on each pair of kicks. I'm getting older, but the rockable pairs still have years of life left in them. I'm slowly selling off the "One to Stock" pairs because I will probably never get to them and they deserve to find a new home on the feet of the next wave of collectors. The extra cash in my pocket doesn't hurt either. I told myself the practice of buying two pairs needs to stop. But my latest pickup(s)? The medicom IIs above. After tirelessly searching for them in my size I managed to find deals on both pairs, one after the other, so I couldn't pass it up. I mean look at them, side by side. So sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment